Pregnancy is the most important stage of a woman’s life. It brings with it a wealth of new feelings, excitement and fear for both the parent. The nine months are very crucial for both the mother and child. They need proper care and protection. Although modern medical science offers safer births and improved health for both the mother and baby but the ancient ayurveda still holds excellence in taking care of the mother and the baby.
Ayurveda’s specialized branch dedicated to take care of pregnant women is Prasuti tantra. It not only offers complete pre and post-natal advice and care for the mother but also guides about the various procedures needed to perform during pregnancy.
In case of caesarean delivery an additional amount of Rs. 20,000/- would be applicable.
Ayurvedic Pre and Post Natal Care
The ayurvedic pre and post-natal care provides the best form of care before and after the delivery to both the mother and new born by:
- Ayurvedic massages
- Herbal bath
- Local medications to prevent abdominal stretch marks
- Toning up of the body by pelvic and other body exercises to prevent long term complications of delivery
- Bathing the new born
- Pampering support to the mother
Advantages of Ayurvedic Pre and Post Natal Care
- Improves posture and muscle tone to prevent back pain
- Improves pectoral strength to prevent sagging shoulders
- Strengthens leg, back and arm muscles to compensate for the shift in centre-of-gravity
- Improves breathing to help in the labor process
- Nutritional guidance