Navarrakizhi is a part of ayurvedic panchkarma therapy in which medicated milk-porridge (medicinal rice called navarra) is made into a bundle (kizhi)and is applied all over the body to trigger perspiration and remove toxins from the body.
Indications of Navarra Kizhi
- Vata disorders
- Convalescence period of injury and trauma
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Sexual disorders
- Neurological problems
- Skin problems
- Muscular wasting
- General weakness
- Joint pains, stiffness and inflammation
- Sore muscles etc.
Ayurvedic physician carefully evaluates the prakruti, vikruti and dosha imbalance of the patient before prescribing herbs/herbal leaves to be cooked with navarra. Rice or navarra is cooked with milk and herbal decoction. This mixture is put in puffy muslin bags (kizhi). After aoolying oil on the body this kizhi is now used to massage the body . The kizhi is warmed again and again during the process till its entire contents are used. The procedure is performed by two or more therapists for 45 to 90 minutes and is repeated over a period of 7 to 21 days or as advised by the ayurvedic physician.
- It is an immuno-enhancing, nourishing and rejuvenation therapy
- It strengthens the body & muscle tissues
- Boosts up sport performance
- Reduces emaciation of the muscles
- Enhances blood supply by opening up the channels of circulation
- Promotes sharpness of vision and functions of other sense organs
- Slows down aging, premature graying of hair, baldness etc.
- Improves skin complexion & tone